Asphalt is one of the most recycled materials in the world—up to 80% of all asphalt is reused in other products, pavements, or processes. GIP provides Cold-in-Place Recycling, an environmentally sustainable option allowing for the reuse of up to 100% of existing asphalt or granular materials to produce new pavement structures.
Most techniques are completed “in-place”, by processing material directly on the jobsite and placing new compacted road-base behind in a single process. Emulsified or foamed asphalt cement can be added to increase strength, as well as with the addition of hydrated lime or portland cement. GIP is happy to offer the following different forms of Cold Recycling services:
- Pulverizing: An in-place process to pulverize recycling existing pavement, and mixing with existing granular material and compacting into a new road-base
- Cold-in-Place (CIP) Recycling: Recycling existing asphalt pavement in-place and mixing with an asphalt emulsion, followed by paving and compacting material in single process.
- Cold-in-Place Recycling with Expanded Asphalt (CIREAM): Recycling existing asphalt pavement in-place and mixing with an expanded asphalt, followed by paving and compacting material in a single process
- Full Depth Reclamation: An in-place process to pulverize recycling existing pavement, mixing with existing granular material, adding an asphalt emulsion or an expanded asphalt product, and compacting into a new road-base
- Cold Recycled Mix (select locations only): 100% RAP is mixed with an asphalt emulsion off-site, and then transported to the project and paved.
We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver a quality product that meets all project requirements. Our R&D department is continuously working on and developing new products that focus on optimizing performance, durability, cost, and sustainability.